Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cheesecake!

So I was looking thru this elaborate cookbook I got for my wedding that has all these gourmet recipes with alcohol in them thinking I may never use that cookbook when I got to the dessert section and changed my mind. I found recipes for vanilla cheesecake and apple crisp, both of which Aaron loves. I asked him which he wanted me to make and he excitedly choose cheesecake. So I said I'd make it for him. :)

It was a learning experience. First, I learned that it takes a long time to make and set up. And I had no idea that it would need to be cooked. But it was really fun to make something new and challenging.

So I went to the store to buy ingredients. Came home, almost started making the filling and realized that I had forgotten the graham crackers for the crust. Back to the store (good thing Macey's is 2 minutes away!).

Got the crust made and baked for 10 minuets. It was yummy: crushed graham crackers, sugar, and butter. Sadly it stuck to the pan and doesn't come out easy.


The filling was so good! Just cream cheese, egg, and sugar all mixed up. Here is just whipped cream cheese (so good)...


And again after the eggs and sugar were mixed in...




Then I started pouring it into the pan, only to realized that my pie dish wasn't big enough. So I got a little one to put some in. Next time I'll just do two pie dishes. Anyway, here they are, ready to go in to the oven...


After baking the filling I discovered that cheesecake expands (and cracks while baking. Look how much this little one grew!


And I still had a topping to make. The topping was made of sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.


You put it on top and bake it for five more minutes and ta-da...cheesecake! That you get to put in the fridge for at least six hours before you can eat it. The big one was kind of funny looking, especially after going back in the fridge and shrinking some. BUT...it was way good. As in, it got Aaron's approval (and my parents') and he gave me lots of compliments about how good of a cook I am (which is why I cook...for compliments!).


At least the little one was kind of cute...


And speaking of cute, I think my tummy is pretty cute lately. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment