My sister-in-law Julie has a book blog and it's awesome (http://smallaccomplishment.blogspot.com/)! I like the idea a lot, but, given my lack of dedication to blogging, I think I'll just comment on books I've read on my one blog. So....
I recently read Speak. It was good. Julie almost dared me to read it, since it's not my "normal" genre of sci-fi or fantasy. It made me remember high school and be grateful I went to high school in Orem, UT, where it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. (P.S. My 5 year high school reunion is this year. AAAAAAHH! I'm so old!)
I also recently read Book of a Thousand Days. I loved it! Written like a journal by the servant girl about her adventures with a lady. I loved the prince, the main character's courage, and the clever romance. I would recommend this book to all!
Oh! I read Alcatraz and the Evil Librarians and the sequel. LOVED them! The author, Brandon Sanderson, is a riot! It's written in first person (my favorite) and it was so witty! I laughed out loud many times and got weird looks from people around me! The great part was that the librarians were the bad guys; I've always adored books and libraries and have aspired to be a librarian when suddenly I'm shown how wrong I have been to want that! (Read the book, you'll understand). Please read this book!
Pan-Roasted Pears
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment